September Business Snapshot
‘How's Business' research was undertaken throughout October 2009 by TNS.
852 businesses throughout the region responded to the survey to help establish the levels of business in September 2009.
- The largest proportion of businesses (45%) reported increases in visitor numbers to September 2008, with a further 36% reporting similar levels of visitor numbers.
- Approximately 1 in 5 businesses reported decreases in visitor numbers in September 2009 compared to September 2008.
- Average change in visitors was +10%
- Half of all businesses reported increases in turnover for September 09 compared to September 08, with a further third reporting similar levels of turnover.
- Average change in turnover was +11%
- Whilst turnover has again increased, the survey continues to suggest that spend per visitor may well have decreased.
- Optimism for the future of the tourism industry in the region remains at a similar level to the August report.
Open: How's Business - September 2009
Date added: Friday 20th November 2009
Latest updated: Thursday 2nd May 2013